Monday, March 5, 2012

new beginnings


There is something about March that makes me want to start fresh. Even though it's chilly outside, spring is just around the corner and this calls for a little makeover.

Over the past six months, I have kept with the idea that each week (loosely or directly) follows a theme. All of the art, fashion and inspiration comes from that singular idea. I've been very pleased with the results, the ideas that have come out of these postings, and the loyal audience I have gained!

However, I've decided to abandon the whole "theme" idea. Boxing myself in when I first started helped me stay organized and consistent, but now I'm ready to branch off.

This means that on any given day, you might see a personal style post, a piece of inspiration I've found either scouring the internet or on my own, and of course, original pieces of art that I have created (either for sale or viewing pleasure). Everyday will be a surprise!

The reason I'm changing it up a bit is because I want the postings to feel more organic and true to myself. When I find a cool piece of jewelry or pattern that I love, or when I sketch something that I think is worth sharing - I don't want to have to wait two months before I can find a place to use it. This way, every post will be about what is currently capturing my attention and catching my eye.

This new setup also allows for guest posts! I am fortunate enough to have a lot of really creative and talented people in my life and I'm really excited to be able to share them with you!

Please let me know you're thoughts or any feedback/ideas/comments you may have! I love hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment