Monday, March 4, 2013

book review | "Grace: A Memoir" by Grace Coddington



I first met Grace Coddington when I watched "The September Issue" back in 2007. Being the creative director of Vogue (and direct subordinate to Anna Wintour), I was inspired by tenacity and confidence in the documentary, but that pales in comparison to what I feel about her now after reading {her memoir}.

Grace Coddington's book is filled with anecdotes about her childhood, her professional endeavors, and a candid look at her personal relationships. However, after finishing the book this weekend, what struck me was the commitment she has to her craft.

She admits several times throughout the book how sensitive she is, how personally she takes criticism, and how she shys away from social occasions, but underlying these insecurities is an unwavering belief in herself and her own vision.

I recommend it to anyone who loves fashion, New York, or cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment