Monday, December 3, 2012

the way you make me feel

It's always an artist's goal to make you feel their piece - no, like REALLY feel it. Like, they want you to know what it feels like. Gah - I'm not making myself very clear.


Texture - people! Working with techniques in order to make a painting look and FEEL a certain way can be a daunting task. But I like to simplify it. Manipulating the paint in order to mimic a certain light pattern is the way I go about creating texture.

Basically, I look at the texture and say to myself "Oh! It's a little dark here and here and here, it gets lighter there and there, and then it's REALLY light here." Talking to yourself is an extremely necessary part of this process (as with any process).


P.S. Here's a little surprise of all of you! This week only! Click {this link} to see what I'm talking about!

Image source: 12 | 3

No comments:

Post a Comment