Monday, February 18, 2013

new hobby



I've recently started doing something I've never done in my entire life - cook. And bake. Cook AND bake. I've attempted simple recipes in the past, but brutally failed. Those few failures turned me off to the entire thing, until now.

I made a Lenten promise to eat "cleaner" and "smarter".  I want to know what goes into my food. I want to consume the best ingredients possible, adding minimal preservatives. Ideally (and eventually), if it comes from a box or a bag - I don't want to eat it. 

The only way I can try to keep this promise is by cooking and making my meals in my own kitchen. I've attempted a couple difficult recipes this weekend and surprisingly, DID NOT fail. Above are the next recipes I want to try. Sure, White Chocolate Rocky Roads aren't the healthiest thing in the world, but it feels better than eating a store-bought Kit Kat bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment