Monday, June 4, 2012

inspiration | The Olsen Twins



I feel like I've done a pretty good job at hiding my obsession with Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen on this blog. Those of you who know me very well (or have talked to me for more than 10 minutes) know about this fascination all too well.

I've loved the Olsen Twins for a very very long time. I love that you can't tell if that t-shirt they are wearing costs $2 or a million dollars. I love that they dated artists and hung around with such an interesting and eclectic group of people. I love that they keep pushing the boundaries of fashion and creativity as a whole.

What inspires me most about them is not only their incredible work ethic, but the originality and fearlessness in the way that they lead their lives. The quotes they have said I have copied into so many notebooks and journals, they could write a novel at this point.

They are avant garde human beings - always keeping my attention, always making me wonder, "Where are they going next?"

I've said before and I'll keep saying it - From our generation, the Olsens are the ones to watch and apparently the CDFA thinks so too (as of last night!).

No comments:

Post a Comment