Wednesday, July 31, 2013

art | morning sunflowers



Above is the preliminary sketch I sent over to Ryan and Jessica of the piece they asked me to do for their new home. They knew they wanted the subject matter to be sunflowers, but nothing really specific beyond that.

It's always a funny emotional process when I begin a commissioned piece. "This means something to them, but nothing to me." This is usually some variation of what I think to myself as I begin sketching the piece out.

However, as I spend time with the subject, I begin to feel a very strong emotional attachment to it. Every dab of paint, every mistake I feverishly brushed out, every line, every shadow is directly from my mind to the canvas. It's hard to not start feeling something for the creation that coming from somewhere inside of me.

Gross, right?

Anywho, here is the final piece! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment