Monday, October 31, 2011

autumn leaves

My family at the pumpkin patch in 1991. I'm the one who looks like she's upset about something, sitting the front next to my sister.

I've been completely absorbed in the season of fall for the last few weeks. Although I haven't had time to carve pumpkins or pick apples, I have been enjoying the frost on the grass in the morning, the changing leaves, and unpacking my sweatshirts, sweaters and boots.

Autumn is a season that feels like if you blink, you will miss it. In the month of November, I'm going to set aside the time to take my dog for walks outside, eat my mom's apple crisp, drink pumpkin spice lattes, and be inspired by the colors, smells, and light that this gorgeous time of year brings.


P.S. Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment