Monday, October 3, 2011

all in the family


I'm the middle child of three girls. Although we appreciate and respect each other's sense of style, taking just once glance at each of our closets - you would see each of our unique personalities. Both of them are my biggest supporters, my best friends, and a HUGE influence on my own style and artwork.


Katie married, my brother-in-law, Kevin about a year and a half ago and her wedding reflected her love of "pops of color". She chose the palette of champagne and strawberry pink, which truely reflects her personality. She has a love of old movies and the Hollywood glamour that came with it. Katie and I share a lot of the same tastes in fashion. She has taught me that how you look can really transform how you feel about yourself. She is such a strong and happy person, and there is not a day that goes by where I don't look up to her.


Meg is the most fashion-forward 21-year-old I know. She doesn't take herself too seriously but has a serious knack for putting together a black-on-black-on-black-on-black ensemble. Meg doesn't like to fuss with colors, instead she is about streamline silhouettes, and quality pieces. She brings edge with her choice of fabrics - leather. She always looks super sophisticated and put together. Meg makes me laugh and is one of the most kind-hearted and warm people that I know.


This week is all about family. I trust my whole family's opinion before I step out the door in an outfit that's not quite right or before I publish a piece of art for the world to see. Without the love of family and friends - we would all be worse off, so finding inspiration from these people in our lives is a no-brainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment