Tuesday, October 18, 2011

inspiration | 06



This bracelet that is pictured below is from the 1980's and it's considered vintage! After I got over the panic attack that ensued after I found out that the decade I was born in is now considered vintage, I feel in love. I found it on Etsy. It was a great day.


Roy Lichenstein is on my top 10 favorite artists list. His primary color palette, simple but emotional ideas, and patterns that he uses in every one of his pieces just seems to capture an era. The women that he chooses to focus on seems to be a satire on the damsel-in-distress, yet somehow (pathetically?) I can still relate!


Mary-Kate Olsen can pull off anything in my opinion. Most of the time, I look to her to see what trends are around the corner. It's nice to see her in this Bianca-Jagger'fied look, paying homage to those that have come before her.



Sara Bernhardt by Andy Warhol, par of “10 Portraits of Jews of the 20th Century” (1980)

High-waisted bathing suits were all the rage this year. Although they don't flatter every figure, the revival of the one-piece was met with a nice golf-clap for all those who enjoy bread-and-butter before their fettuccine alfredo.



Photo credit: All images can be found on my pinterest account.

No comments:

Post a Comment