Wednesday, December 7, 2011

art | Spunk and Spark

"Spark and Spunk" is for not for sale currently, but please leave a comment or email me at mollydaudlin@gmail.com if you are interested in detailed information about this painting or if you have any questions regarding the creation of your own favorite lyrics.

When I bought six different pink Prismacolor Markers to create this piece, the lady at the art supply store looked at me and said "Girrll!!... WHAT in the WORLD do you need all this pink for?!"

It is inspired by my favorite song by Nicki Minaj ("Your Love"). Even though it's over-the-top girly, I'm really happy with the way it came out and plan on having it matted on a dark pink background and framed in gold.

This was a really fun project, and it was nice to get away from acrylic paint for a minute. Look for more Prismacolor pieces in the future, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment