Friday, December 2, 2011

friday favorite | Kate Spade Hedgehog Coin Purse



I make really impulse purchases sometimes.

"YEP! I LOVE IT!"
*slam it on the counter*
*whip out my debit card*
*say "thank you" profusely to whomever is ringing me up*
(speaking to the object of purchase): "LOVE IT!.... I love this!"

And then I walk out of the store, look in my bag and think "WHAT WAS I THINKING?!"

WELL! This was definitely NOT one of those purchases.

Deborah Lloyd (creative director at Kate Spade) created {this coin purse} as an ode to her home country of England, where apparently hedgehogs are as common as black squirrels in Michigan. They are also a sign of good luck!

To me, I see this as something I will pass along to my grandchildren one day. When I'm long gone, they're going to open up a box and think "WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?!" and will fall in love with it, just as I have.

Meanwhile, I'm still alive - so I will enjoy it this weekend!

Happy Friday, you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment