Thursday, December 8, 2011

blog of the week | Cupcakes and Cashmere


All the blogs I've mentioned here (and that I have yet to mention here) are all equal in my book. They all provide me with a ton of inspiration, happiness and motivation to do what I'm doing right now. However, if I had to choose a favorite - {Cupcakes and Cashmere} would definitely be in the running.

Emily Schuman has maintained consistent, daily posts revolving around the topics of food, fashion, and creative projects for over three years now. I first stumbled upon {Cupcakes and Cashmere} when I was an intern at a publishing house in Detroit. It was my first taste of cubicle life, and instantly I needed a creative escape.

I remember when I found it, I went home that night and read each and every post that came before that. It was my first impression of "fashion blogging" and instantly I was hooked. A real girl, my age, is just being herself, yet still is sharing daily inspiration from a seemingly beautiful life.

And a beautiful life, Emily does have. Since I've been reading, she has had partnerships with Forever 21 (I walked by the storefront once, and there she was on a giant poster in the window), designed her own bag with Coach, and most recently paired up with Stylemint as the guest stylist of the month of November.

There is nothing I don't love about this blog. I hope you enjoy her as much as I do.

2 comments: