Wednesday, January 25, 2012

art | French Macarons


Here is the piece I'm working on inspired by the "fun girl".

Anyone who knows me, knows that I have a bit of an obsession with macarons. They are just so colorful, their flavor can be so interesting (violet creme? rose? apple & blackberry?), and they are such a rare find in my hometown that they have become a delicacy to me.

On a recent trip to New York City, I stopped by a shop and bought a package of 12, brought them home on my carry-on and ate them one-by-one over the next week. I am going to attempt to try to make some of my own, but I think painting them will be a lot easier.

I used the colors from yesterday's inspiration and hope to have a little more fun with it when I begin painting.

As always, I appreciate feedback and your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment